Krushinskaia O. I., Shmakova А. N. Tenevaya ekonomika Rossii v tsifrakh [Тhe shadow economy of Russia in figures] Molodaya nauka Sibiri: ehlektronnyj nauchnyj zhurnal [Young science of Siberia: electronic scientific journal], 2021, no. 1. [Accessed 31/05/2021]
The concept, factors, signs, segments, classification, causes and consequences of the shadow economy are considered.
Quantitative analysis of the level of the shadow economy. We are talking about a hidden type of economic activity, the data array was formed only on the identified financial offenses.
Analyzed the indicators of the shadow economy in Russia for the period 2018 - 2020. The largest share of the shadow economy in GDP is in Georgia - 64.87% and Tanzania - 52.22%. The lowest rates are in the USA - 8.34% and in Japan - 10.41%, while in Russia this share is quite significant - 38.42%, which, of course, negatively affects the economy of our country. According to government statistics, in the second quarter of 2019, the share of Russians employed in the informal sector increased by 1.5 million people compared to the previous quarter of the same year and amounted to 21.3% of the total.
In 2020, compared to 2019, the number of crimes in the economic sphere in Russia decreased by 16.2%. At the same time, crimes of a terrorist nature and extremist orientation increased by 2.5 and 11.3 percent, respectively. The following types showed the greatest downward trend: illegal arms trafficking - 27.6%, crimes committed on an especially large scale or involving the extraction of income on an especially large scale - 26.5%, as well as corruption - 15.1%, etc. The lowest number of crimes related to the military-industrial complex is 0.26 percent.
Rosstat also notes the absence of informal activities in ensuring military security and in the water supply and waste disposal sector - there is no informal activity at all.
Thus, the problem of the shadow economy in our country is being solved, the number of crimes in this area is decreasing.
1. Burmistrova AA, Kondrashova IS, Rodionova NK Shadow economy as a threat to the economic security of the state // Socio-economic phenomena and processes. – URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/tenevaya-ekonomika-kak-ugroza-ekonomicheskoy-bezopasnosti-gosudarstva-1 (date access: 10/05/21).
2. Vakulenko KE Shadow economy: causes and forms. Impact on the economic system // Modern research and innovation. 2013. No. 4.
3. Golovanov E.B. Shadow economy: lecture notes. Chelyabinsk, 2015. P. 61.
4. Ishkov Yu. V., Ilyasova RZ, Tulegenova AR Shadow economy and its negative impact on the economic security of the Russian Federation // Vestnik AGTU. 2018. No. 1 (65). – URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/tenevaya-ekonomika-i-ee-negativnoe-vliyanie-na-ekonomicheskuyu-bezopasnost-rossiyskoy-federatsii (date access: 10/05/21).
5. Krokhicheva G.E. Shadow economy in the system of economic security / G.E. Krokhicheva, E.L. Arkhipov // Naukovedenie Internet journal. 2016. T. 8. No. 2. P. 48.
6. Logvinova IV, Getmanova SO Shadow economy and its impact on economic security // Actual research. 2020. No. 2 (5). S. 40-44. – URL: https://apni.ru/article/291-tenevaya-ekonomika-i-ee-vliyanie (date access: 10/05/21).
7. International Monetary Fund. – URL: https://www.imf.org/en/Home (date access: 10/04/21).
8. Minina T.I., Ostanina A.R. New approaches to defining the concept of the shadow economy as a threat to the economic security of the Russian Federation // Chronoeconomics. 2018. No. 3 (11). – URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/novye-podhody-k-opredeleniyu-ponyatiya-tenevoy-ekonomiki-kak-ugrozy-ekonomicheskoy-bezopasnosti-rossiyskoy-federatsii (date of access: 10/05/21).
9. Naumov Yu.G., Latov Yu.V. Economic security and the shadow economy. Textbook. Moscow: Academy of Management of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, 2016. 246 p.
10. Saninsky RA Shadow economy as a threat to national and international economic security: Current state, directions of counteraction // Legal science and practice: Bulletin of the Nizhny Novgorod Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia. 2020. No. 3 (51). – URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/tenevaya-ekonomika-kak-ugroza-natsionalnoy-i-mezhdunarodnoy-ekonomicheskoy-bezopasnosti-sovremennoe-sostoyanie-napravleniya (date access 10/05/21)
11. Statistical collection "The state of crime in Russia / Monthly collection of the General Prosecutor's Office of the Russian Federation – 2019. P.52
12. Statistical collection "The state of crime in Russia / Monthly collection of the General Prosecutor's Office of the Russian Federation – 2020. P.62
13. Federal State Statistics Service. – URL: https://rosstat.gov.ru/ (date of access: 10.05.2021).
14. Medina L., Schneider F. Shadow Economies Around the World: What Did We Learn Over the Last 20 Years? IMF Working Paper. 2018; (18/17): 76.
15. Schneider F., Medina L. Shadow economies around the world: New results for 158 countries over 1991– 2015. Econstor. 2017; (1710): 50.