Yurkovskaya E.A., Yumashev E.A. Produktivnye slovoobrazovatel'nye modeli terminologicheskoj gruppy HARDWARE v sovremennom anglijskom yazyke [Productive word-building patterns of HARDWARE terminology]. Molodaya nauka Sibiri: ehlektronnyj nauchnyj zhurnal [Young science of Siberia: electronic scientific journal], 2021, no.1 [Accessed 31/05/21].
The major foreign-language communication skill to be acquired by a student of a specific profession is the ability to use the professional terminology. An insight into the professional terminology as a linguistic phenomenon, namely finding out its productive word-building patterns, makes its learning more conscious and can be recommended to a non-language student as well. The English hardware terminology displays all the leading word-building patterns: composition, conversion, metaphor, acronym, shortening. Besides, the study revealed a number of mixed-type word-building patterns formed as compound nouns composed of words utilizing the other word-building patterns.
1. Hardware. Anglo-russkij slovar' komp'yuternyh terminov [English-Russian Dictionary of Computer Terms]. URL: https://en-rus-comp-terms.slovaronline.com/search?s=hardware [Accessed 01/05/21].
2. What are Four Types of Computer Hardware. Computer Hardware. URL: https://incomputersolutions.com/qa/what-are-the-5-categories-of-computer-hardware.html [Accessed 01/05/21].
3. Slovoobrazovanie. Lingvisticheskij enciklopedicheskij slovar' [Linguistic Encyclopedic Dictionary]. URL: https://rus-lingvist-dict.slovaronline.com/1012-slovoobrazovanie [Accessed 01/05/21].
4. Filatov D.V., Osnovnye sposoby slovoobrazovaniya v anglijskom yazyke [The Principal Word-building Methods in the English Language]. E-Scio, 2020, no 4 (43). URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/osnovnye-sposoby-slovoobrazovaniya-v-a... [Accessed 01/05/21].
5. E. E. Bylina, L.V. Sludneva, T. A. Skopintseva, E.A. Yurkovskaya. Current Trends in the Development of Professional Discourse Terminology of Logistics. Advances in Economics, Business and Management Research: Proceedings of the International Session on Factors of Regional Extensive Development (FRED-2019), V. 113, January 2020, P. 121-125. URL: https://dx.doi.org/10.2991/fred-19.2020.26 [Accessed 01/05/21].
6. Cambridge Dictionary. URL: https://dictionary.cambridge.org [Accessed 01/05/21].