Kozlova N. S. Effect khlysta v tsepyakh postavok [Bullwhip effect in the supply chains]. Molodaya nauka Sibiri: ehlektronnyj nauchnyj zhurnal [Young science of Siberia: electronic scientific journal], 2018, no. 2. [Accessed 10/12/18]
This article discusses the impact of the “bullwhip effect” to the logistics chain. The definition and detailed analysis of this phenomenon is given because of depending on the reasons for its occurrence. A method for quantifying the “bullwhip effect” is presented and the consequences of its impact on supply chain participants are investigated. The article discusses ways to solve problems and smooth out negative effects.
The proposed algorithm for studying the phenomenon at the enterprise will provide a reliable result of forecasting supply and demand, and it helps to establish effective interaction between participants in the supply chain, which is important in ensuring an uninterrupted production process, transportation and marketing of products.
1. Golovtsov DL. Causes of the “whip effect” in supply chains / DL Golovtsov // System Analysis and Logistics. - 2012. - № 8. - p. 21-24.
2. Meshchakina T. "The Effect of the Whip" or imaginary fluctuations in demand / T. Meshchakina // Logistics & System. - 2005. - № 11.
3. Kazakov A. L. Basics of supply chain management. Methodical manual / A. L. Kazakov. - Irkutsk, 2015. - 51 p.
4. Fedchenko D. A., Tupikova, O. A. Approach to the whip effect from the side of logistics / D. A. Fedchenko, O. A. Tupikova // Vologda Readings. - 2009. - № 74. - p. 29.
5. Supply chain management [Electronic resource]. - https://ru.wikipedia.org/